Event Category: 5K
Forum Purple Run is an initiative by FORUM to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s so that people can recognize it and procure the right treatment.
Alzheimer’s is a progressive and irreversible neurological disorder that impairs basic neurological functioning. It is the 5th leading cause of death in people over 55 years of age, and in India, more than 4 million people suffer from some form of dementia.
A run for awareness, sensitivity, and dignity – Forum Purple Run is the only run that brings together the entire family to run for a prime cause
Forum Purple Run event will be held across 8 Malls in 6 Cities:
This event will witness over 20,000 people running across all the 8 Forum Malls in 6 cities at the same time for one single cause to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s.
- Forum Mall Koramangala, Bangalore
- Forum Shantiniketan, Bangalore
- Forum Neighbourhood Mall, Bangalore
- Forum Vijaya Mall, Chennai
- Forum Fiza Mall, Mangalore
- Forum Sujana Mall, Hyderabad
- Forum Centre City, Mysore
- Forum Celebrations Mall, Udaipur
Join us in our initiative to create a world without Alzheimer’s.
8 Malls. 6 Cities. 1 Run.
Run to END Alzheimers.
Run to Remember.
Register now. Timing Chip is available at an additional cost of INR 150/- (all inclusive) for 5 km. Timing Chip is mandatory to compete for the first 3 places. Ranks and prizes will be given to those with Timing Chip only. For children below 12 years and adults above 55 years registration is free of cost, but if they wish to compete for a prize, they must purchase the Timing Chip.
- For registrations, all duly filled application forms must be submitted Online or to Forum Purple RunRepresentatives, or at the helpdesk at the mall.
- Registrations will be accepted only with the submission of duly filled original forms. Copies of the application form will not be considered for registration.
- Only one applicant can apply for Forum Purple Run using a single form.
- Timing Chip is available at an additional cost of INR 150/- (all inclusive) for 5 km & 10 km run categories. Timing Chip is mandatory to compete for the first 3 places. Ranks and prizes will be given to those with Timing Chip only.
- For children below 12 years and adults above 55 years registration is free of cost, but if they wish to compete for a prize, they must purchase the Timing Chip
- Please go through all relevant information and FAQsbefore filling in the application form. Before sending in your application, please check if you
- Have read through and accepted the Terms & Conditions and Event Rules & Guidelines in the application form
- Application Confirmation: Participants will receive email confirmation on their registered email id for online registrations and a registration acknowledgement for on ground registrations. If you are unable to receive the confirmation, please contact Forum Purple Run team members.
- BIB collection:
- It is mandatory for the participant to collect his/her running number personally from the Forum Purple Run (respective Forum Malls) venue on the said dates. In case of unavoidable circumstances, he/she can send a representative along with the copy of e-mail confirmation or coupon to collect running number on his/her behalf.
- All confirmed participants/their authorized representatives are required to come to the venue in respective cities on 13th & 14th of September 2019 between 11 am to 9 pm in order to collect their running number BIBs. No running BIB will be posted to an individuals mailing address nor distributed on run day, i.e. 15th Sep 2019.
- Participant/Authorized representative must carry with him/her (a) the email confirmation sent by Registration Team (b) photocopy of photo-identity proof (Aadhar card, PAN card or passport) of the representatives and the confirmed participant.
- The city police department reserves the right to cancel permission for the event at any time. In such a situation, or in case the event date or location is changed due to political rallies, natural disaster, force majeure or any other event outside the control of organizers, the organizers will hold the event at the next available and convenient date.
- No participants will be allowed inside the holding area without their running BIB pinned on front of their T-Shirt. Every runner must wear his/her running number BIB on the front of the vest.
- Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the official medical personnel. Organizers are not responsible for any loss of baggage and belongings.
- Participants are requested to cooperate with the police and security personnel deputed at the event venues and on route. Participants/supporters are liable to random checking on run day this for security purposes.
- Rights of admission is reserved.
- Your entry can be rejected on any of the grounds listed below.
- Incomplete form submitted
- Waiver not signed
- Running places are full
- Any other relevant reason deemed by the management
- Only those runners are eligible for prizes who have opted for the timing chip.
- Winners will be declared on the basis of timing recorded with the help of respective timing chips.
- Winners will be required to produce valid ID proofs and other necessary documents to claim the prizes.
Top 3 winners in each run category Male / female will be awarded prizes
Registration Bag to contain
- Medals to honor your efforts
- Food & Beverage Coupon
- Timing Chip (if paid for)
Category Name Distance Start Time Fee in Rs. 5Km Competitive 5K 06:00AM 650 5Km Non Competitive 5K 06:00AM 500 5K Kids ( Below 12 years ) 5K 06:00AM 0 5K Senior Citizen Run ( Above 55 years ) 5K 06:00AM 0