A bucket list run in paradise. A great holiday with friends and family – treks and more for non runners in a different world altogether. Come and check out details at the Booking webpage at https://www.townscript.com/e/the-8th-himalayan-running-and-living-xc-marathon-103302
Registrations close Feb 28th 2019 – May 1st for the 5 and 10k, May 3rd for the Half and Full Marathon. Race packet pick up on 29th April – that is a must and is part of the acclimatization
The course is gentle and altitude acclimatization when you come in, is key – train well with hill training or a load on your back.
The 10K and 5K are tough runs
Acclimatise well on your way to, and at Sangla, get used to the altitude and stop off at Narkanda/ Thanedar on the way in and do a jog or trek early morning. When you reach Sangla – do a few treks – it is breathtakingly beautiful. Phenomenal to come with your family.
The 5km and 10km runs start and finish at Banjara Camps and have a great view of the Sangla Valley as they cross the Baspa River and go through varied forest terrain on an adventure of a lifetime which will include running over an ice field and doing an exciting stream crossing.
The Half and full Marathoners start at Banjara Camps in Batseri Village and do a run to Raksham – around 9 km away and carry on a bit further to Chitkul and beyond where the half marathon finishes. Participants will return in vehicles to Banjara Camp.
The full marathoners will do a U turn beyond Chitkul and run back the way they came, to Banjara Camps
See the Map and the Elevations – come prepared to stay a few days after the run too – Enjoy the fresh mountain air and nature.
- THIS IS A CROSS COUNTRY AND A ROAD RUN
- Participants need to be at least 5 years old for the 5km run
- Participants need to be at least 12 years old for the 10 km run
- Participants need to be at least 18 years old for the Half Marathon and longer distances
- Please book accommodation at Banjara or v close to it
- Race packets MUST be picked up at expo in person
- Connect with others on the facebook events pages early to train together and car pool
- Plan to be at the start at least 30 minutes before the start of the race as the races start on time and there is a gun start for your timing.
- Certificates and medals must be collected at the finish line
- Any race related queries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 days of the race results being put up on the website
- No refunds of registration amount or transfer of registration
- In the remote case of the run being canceled due to reasons of State or Nature, beyond the control of the organisers, there will be no refund of the registration amount
Your entry is not transferable to other people and is not cancelable.
You must wear your race bib as issued, pinned on front Participants must be over 18 years of age
Please note – those who register at the expo at Banjara Camps may not get some items of the race kit or a medal at the finish line since these items will have already been ordered
Those who are running the full/half marathon are automatically registered for the 10km/5km runs respectively as these are pre requisite acclimatization runs for these participants.
The runs are organised by runners for runners. Experience the thrill of a lifetime as you cross the finish line. The course is tough – so altitude acclimatization is key. With Sports Drinks, Water, Ambulance and Medical Care, our Half Marathon will remain open for 3.5 hours and the full marathon for 7 hours.
An attractive medal, certificate with timing for each finisher of the Full and Half Marathon and a medal and certificate for every finisher of the 5 km and 10km runs. The race number pick up will happen at Banjara Camp at Batseri Village on Mon Apr 30th between 11 am and 4 pm. You need to be there in person as part of the strict acclimatization requirement. Do not take the half or full marathon lightly – this is both at altitude and a long steady climb and you need to be acclimatised well for this.
Plan to be at the start at least 30 minutes before the start of your race. Get as many of your family and friends to join you on this amazing holiday experience and those who are not running can cheer you.
The Medical Care will be available, But this is a very remote location and you need to be your own best judge first- we want you safe and injury free with treatment close at hand if required. Please rest and ask for aid if you ever do feel dizzy or unsteady or have your heart pounding.
NO BIB – NO RUN – NO MEDAL – NO CERTIFICATE.
Hydration is available at several points along the way but you will be carrying a water bottle for the half and full marathon which will be provided in the running kit.